Horlicks contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Dr Frankie Phillips - an independent Nutrition Consultant and Registered Dietician - gives you the good news about how these vitamins and minerals are essential for wellbeing.
We all need a variety of essential vitamins and minerals to carry out important
roles to keep us well. Let's look to see what some of these vitamins and minerals
are needed for - here's a complete run-down:
- Vitamin A - helps keep skin healthy; helps
the immune system to function; important for healthy eyes and normal vision.
- Thiamin (B1) - helps to release energy
from food; required for helping the nervous system and heart to work efficiently.
- Riboflavin (B2) - necessary for keeping
skin and blood healthy; helps to release energy from food.
- Niacin - needed for healthy nerves; helps
to release energy from food.
- Vitamin B6 - keeps nerves and the immune
system healthy; keeps red blood cells healthy / reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B12 - vital for healthy nerves
and red blood cells.
- Folic Acid - helps the body to make healthy
new cells; important for healthy blood; important during pregnancy.
- Biotin - helps to release energy from food;
helps to keep skin healthy.
- Pantothenic Acid - helps to release energy
- Vitamin C - an antioxidant which helps
to protect the body's cells; contributes to healthy skin; helps the body to absorb
- Vitamin D - vital for healthy muscles and
a healthy immune system; important for helping you to absorb calcium to build and
healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin E - acts as an antioxidant to protect
- Iron - needed to produce healthy red blood
cells. Iron helps prevent anaemia and the feeling of tiredness.
- Zinc - important for carbohydrate metabolism
and protein synthesis; required for healthy skin and in wound healing.
- Calcium - essential for healthy bones and