Cookies allow us to, among other things, remember your preferences and recognise you on future visits. This is achieved by storing certain information on your device.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to a user’s device with the aim of storing data that can be updated and recovered by the entity responsible for its installation.
When you access the Website and give your consent for them to be installed, small files containing information are installed on your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone, etc.). These files (which are the cookies) form part of the technology necessary to make the Website work properly and are not inherently harmful.
Cookies are installed and stored on your device and allow the tracking of your Internet activity.
You can completely disable cookies in your browser settings. You can disable cookies, but the Website or some of its sections might not work correctly.
What type of cookies do we use?
Depending on the entity that manages them, cookies can be:
- First-party cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the web publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the web publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained from cookies.
The Website uses both first-party and third-party cookies.
Cookies can also be categorized according to the duration they are enabled:
- Session cookies: a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user browses a webpage. They are often used to store information that is only useful to offer a service requested by the user just once (e.g. a list of products purchased).
Persistent cookies: a type of cookie in which data remains stored on the device and can be accessed and processed during a period set by the organisation responsible for the cookies, which could be from a few minutes to years.
The Website uses both our persistent and session cookies.
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use different options or services therein. For example, controlling traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the items of an order, carrying out a purchase process, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security features while browsing, storing content to share videos or audio, or sharing content through social media.
- Customization cookies: these cookies allow the user to access the service with some general features which are predefined according to some criteria on the user’s device. For example, language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, regional configuration where the service is accessed from, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies allow the entity responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications and platforms and to define browsing profiles of the users of said websites, applications and platforms, with the aim of making improvements based on the analysis of the data of the users’ use of the services.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies allow for the management, as effectively as possible, of the advertising space which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the published content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies allow for the management, as effectively as possible, of the advertising space which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information of the users’ behaviour obtained through the continued monitoring of their browsing habits. This allows for developing a specific profile to show advertising based on it.